Tiffany Service Center, Queens New York
Tiffany & Co. is looking for a jeweler to join their team at the Tiffany Service Center in Queens, New York. This poisiton is responsible for performing repairs and alterations for new and customer owned jewelry.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Soldering experience
- Laser welding experience
- Diamond setting experience
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work overtime as needed, including weekends
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Fluent English language skills - Reading, Writing, Verbal
- Ability to shift tasks quickly to meet daily business needs
- Strong initiative and the ability to work without constant direction
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to identify and provide resolution for areas of improvement
- Ability to inspire trust, fairness, integrity, and professionalism with staff members as well as management
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Detail oriented ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Degree from jewelry technical/design program
- Completion of Graduate Gemology degree or completion of courses
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Tiffany & Co. product knowledge
- Engineering ability
- Fabrication experience
- Assembly experience
- Gemstone setting experience
- Non-precious stone setting experience
- Basic computer knowledge
- Perform repairs and alterations on all assigned orders according to Tiffany & Co. standards.
- Complete all craft work according to Tiffany quality and design standards; read, understand and follow written repair instructions and seek clarification when needed; inspect all assigned orders for additional defects and note, repair or escalate as appropriate; perform "specialty craft work" e.g. complex setting, enameling as appropriate to skill set and work mix.
- Meet or exceed established productivity standards based on work mix and role.
- Maintain assigned orders in an organized fashion ensuring that due dates are adhered to; report any late or potentially late orders to administration or management.
- Maintain an organized bench and work space.
- Request any needed parts, consumable material, tools or supplies according to established procedures; maintain all assigned parts, metals and scrap in a secure and organized fashion and according to established procedures.
Knowledge and Development:
- Develop a working knowledge of Tiffany & Co. products including but not limited to designers, collections, materials, methods of manufacture and repair techniques.
- Proactively seek and apply new skills and techniques that result in quality, safety or productivity improvements.
- Proactively share skills and techniques with coworkers; actively collaborate with coworkers, administration and management in problem solving and process improvement. Service center support:
- Provide assistance as needed throughout the center; perform alternate craft work as needed and as capable; assist administration with workflow management; participate in special projects.
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Comply with all health and safety requirements including personal protective equipment, hazardous material handling and disposal, machine guarding, ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain a safe workstation free from risks. Immediately report any safety incidents, including "near misses", to management
- Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the workshop; assist in cleaning and maintaining common areas and equipment; report any worn, broken or unsafe tools, equipment and supplies; identify and report any gaps in workshop infrastructure.