Tiffany & Co. (Cumberland, Rhode Island)
Tiffany & Co. seeks a model maker for its Cumberland, Rhode Island, location. The model maker will be responsible for all craft elements related to the construction and fabrication of production models for jewelry manufacturing. She/He will support Engineering and Manufacturing with technical and craft expertise.
- 5+ years jewelry bench experience in a jewelry production environment
- Knowledge of all jewelry fabrication techniques, including stone and pearl properties, setting techniques, and styles
- Ability to read and interpret design renderings/engineering documents
- Ability to use various manufacturing tools, i.e. lathe, milling machine
- Ability to communicate issues clearly to various internal stakeholders
- Intermediate Math and computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in jewelry, metalsmithing, or related field
- GIA certification
- Excellent communication skills-Written and Oral
- Physically construct new production models to meet critical requirements.
- Collaborate with new product and manufacturing engineering teams on implementation and documentation of production processes.
- Provide technical support and jeweler craft expertise to engineering and tooling as needed.
- Repair/Refabricate production models. This element includes all efforts related to spruing of the physical model both within development and as an Engineering Change.
- Support Engineering problem solving for existing production models
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures
- Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to manager/supervisor.