Apprentice Production Jeweler (Manufacturing/Assembly)
Signet Jewelers, the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, is looking for candidates to enter their training program to become Production Jewelers. There are two positions available, one in the support center located in Marham, Ontario, Canada, and the other in Akron, Ohio. (See application links below.)
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Gemology Certification preferred.
- Must be able to develop to work with high velocity, high temperature equipment. Must be comfortable with cleaning and electroplating jewelry.
- 1 yr. of equipment repair or Trade School preferred
- Extreme hand-eye dexterity required.
- Must possess computer and data entry skills (Time and Attendance, IMS inventory applications, automated software to support Radio-frequency and Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Must maintain consistent quality of the work with good written and oral communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work mandated overtime throughout the year. Work in a completely metal free environment, passing in/out of security throughout each work day.
- Work in a fast pace, production-based environment.
- Train to perform various technical repairs of gold and silver jewelry, including but not limited to sizing, re-shanking, soldering, prong and channel repair, polishing, refinishing and stone setting/tightening in various setting styles and gemstone shapes/cuts...including quality control acceptance thereof. Utilization of precision high speed, high temperature equipment is required to perform at the craftsmanship level.
- Responsible for the processing and control of new and customer owned Jewelry that may be worth up to $100k per piece, SKU verification and loss prevention required.
- Improving and advising on LEAN improvements. Track and report individual throughput and productivity and adjust, with and without supervision
- Participating in various Team Member committees, such as Safety and Engagement
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned