Jewelry Production Operator
Hoover & Strong (Richmond, Virginia)
Hoover & Strong in Richmond, Virginia, seeks a jewelry production operator to form, trim, and bend small parts to create finished product. We are a Lean Company, where each coworker is a valued member of our H&S team, responsible for producing high quality jewelry findings and supplies.
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of documented manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Basic computer skills are necessary for tracking of jobs and clocking in and out daily.
- Must have great time management skills and be able to balance changing job priorities.
- Ability to concentrate and do repetitive work.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a recurring basis (up to 50 lbs.).
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
Daily Operations (100%)
- Sets up and operates machines for production runs of small jewelry parts, including pneumatic drop hammers and power presses.
- Is able to make adjustments when product specifications are not within tolerance.
- Uses precise measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Inspects the product using precise measuring instruments and is able to identify defects.
- Prioritizes jobs by oldest date, customer, and capacity.
- Performs assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools.
- Identifies parts and part descriptions using work order information.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area with reasonable maintenance of tools & equipment.
- Provides accurate daily accounting and reporting of tasks, parts, and metal inventory.
- Prioritizes safety and uses additional safety equipment when necessary.
- Uses LEAN manufacturing methods to improve workspace, procedures, tooling and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.