Custom design now ranks with bridal among the top categories in jewelry retail sales. More and more, consumers want jewelry that reflects their personalities; they’re no longer satisfied with choosing from among standard pieces in a showcase. They want something that is "theirs"—and retailers are rushing to meet that demand, offering services through which they can provide unique designs that express each customer’s personal style.
To help them in their efforts, MJSA offers the Custom Jeweler membership.
This membership level offers affordable access to MJSA’s unparalleled informational benefits, which have helped countless jewelers run better and more profitable businesses. From practical ways to determine a customer’s tastes to how to best work with subcontractors, the insights and advice available through MJSA cannot be found elsewhere. All articles are full vetted by renowned experts, and even the most technical information is presented clearly and concisely.
Priced at $130, the Custom Jeweler membership includes:
• A free subscription to MJSA Custom Jeweler, the only publication dedicated to custom design. Published quarterly, each issue offers insights that can be applied directly in the store or the studio. Case studies of custom projects, sales and marketing techniques, updates on the latest technologies for design and small-scale manufacturing—MJSA Custom Jeweler covers everything needed to run a profitable custom-design operation.
• A free subscription to MJSA Journal, the association’s award-winning monthly magazine, which features technical and business insights into the design, making, and sale of jewelry. The subscription also includes the yearly MJSA Events Calendar and the annual Technology Sourcebook, as well as the annual Thinking Ahead Awards issue that recognizes innovation in jewelry making. A Journal subscription costs $47 a year for non-members. Click here to see our current issue.
• Discounts on MJSA Press books. Recent titles include the award-winning Profiting by Design: A Jewelry Maker’s Guide to Business Success by Marlene Richey; The Jeweler’s Bench Book by Charles Lewton-Brain; and 101 Bench Tips for Jewelers by Alan Revere. Click here to see all MJSA Press titles.
• Free Custom Jeweler and Journal back articles covering all aspects of jewelry making and design, for which non-members must pay $5 per page. MJSA members refer to and cite back articles from MJSA’s respected archives for their usefulness long after the publication date. Click here to see our full list of archived articles in the MJSA Bookstore.
• Access to MJSA Online’s Member Pages, which offer a wide range of technical and business articles, tips for working with subcontractors, compliance guides, and more.
• Usage of the MJSA logo on all promotional materials, including websites, identifying the company as a member of a professional organization.
To find out, just answer the following questions:
• Does your business have three or fewer employees?
• Do you have a single-store retail operation, or work out of a private studio?
If you answered yes to both questions, AND you want to run a better, more proftiable custom-design operation, then you’re ready to join as a Custom Jeweler member.
Plus... Custom Jeweler members can upgrade at any time to a standard membership, enabling them to enjoy all of the association’s benefits. Standard membership starts at $260, and your $130 Custom Jeweler payment will be applied to that amount if you upgrade before your renewal date.